Thursday, September 6, 2012

This is ME!



Who Am I? This is a question I honestly have no idea how to answer. I think I'm a very outgoing and fun person. My friends are very important to me. They are always there for me and help me through everything. I do the same for them. We have been through a lot together and it has brought us  that much closer. Without my friends I don't know how I would have gotten through the past few years. My family is right up there with my friends. They're even in my book and I think that's the way it should be because friends are pretty much your family also. Friends know just as much if not more about your life than your family does. I love to hang out with both my family and my friends, I have five nieces and two nephews who mean the world to me. I'm with them every chance I get and I spoil them like crazy. They are all soo dang cute and just funny. Little kids are so much fun but as a profession I know I wouldn't be able to be around them all day. I am planning on going to college at Northwest  Missouri State (GO BEARCATS!) and major in business management or business technology. I haven't quite decided yet. I like the more professional side to things. So that’s where I’m  trying to head towards for my future.
My friends think I am a very loud individual, which I guess I am. I can't help it, it runs in the family both of my brothers and my dad are loud also. Our voices just carry very well and I am very energetic sometimes so it gets louder then too. But one think about my loud voice that I love is that I can scream like crazy and cheer when it comes to athletic events and never loose my voice. No matter how much I yell and screams I never loose it, it never even goes raspy where it sounds like you’re dying of a cold. The  loud voice goes with my personality. I’m an outgoing and out spoken person, I tell you how I feel and I expect others to do the same.
I  work at Cornerstone Bank in Aurora, Nebraska and I love it there. I love the people I work with and the amazing customers that come through. In my free  time you can usually find me with my friends doing just random things. We love to have bonfires, go hunting, and just hangout outside most of the time. When I’m not with my friends you can most likely either find me at the cabin, playing with my nieces and nephews, or just sitting around the house relaxing. Every Friday night during the fall you will find me in the stands of every Aurora Huskies football game. Aurora Husky football is a way of life around here. You don’t choose to go to the game it is a must. If you miss it you better be on a death bed or a close loved one is. Heck we’ve had two kids with cancer even make it to most of the games. If they’re that dedicated I think the rest of the town should be too.
When I was talking about how my friends and I have been through a lot I was mainly referring to the one key person we lost just about 10 months ago. He was a very close friend of mine who was like a brick wall. His name was Jacob Ervin Peters. I always have to use his middle name because I was the only one brave enough to ever call him by it. Normally if a guy would use it they would get punched or tackled or something. But he knew not to hit me because I hit right back. Jacob was in my close nit of friends and he was the one that wouldn’t ever shut up about sports, we would be trying to just hang out and have a normal night with all of our friends and he would just start talking about sports. I think that’s the only thing he ever talked about unless it was making fun of somebody and how much smarter he was than them. He did that quite a bit. He knew he was smart and like to make sure people knew it. Jacob was a big part of our class and all of our lives. He died on November 16, 2011 after fighting for about ten months against the one thing that takes the most lives in this world. Cancer. Cancer just plain sucks. My sister  had it, it’s been about five years now that she’s been clean of it, but when Jacob told all of us he had cancer, which was on Facebook by the way the worst place to tell someone he has cancer, I felt like the everything was going down hill. I knew that my sister had gotten through it but she had melanoma and Jacob had lymphoma in the beginning which I knew he could get through because he was so strong and persivered through everything, but then the infections started coming and soon he got diagnosed with leukemia also. That’s when I didn’t know what to do anymore. I was scared to talk to him because I didn’t want to loose him but I knew if I did talk to him I would probably start crying because I was so scareed and Jacob hated crying he was the tough macho man. When we lost him I knew he gave it everything he had because Jacob Ervin Peters does not give up on anything. Because of Jacob and all he went through I feel I am a stronger person because knowing he was so weak in the end but still tried to do exercises so he would be able to play football this season just makes me want to try so much harder in life for him. My friends make me who I am today. I know everybody has heard it and it’s so corny, but it’s so true and I didn’t realize that until I lost Jacob. So you need to realize it now!!! Before you loose someone close to you like I did. 
 Peace out.

 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Cassidy,

    You definitely got the gift of gab from your siblings! :) (Just kidding!) Your personality real shines through in this posting. I can also tell that Jacob really made an impact on you! Also, please spell lose correctly. Loose is like a loose tooth and lose is to lose your keys. :) Great job here!

    ReplyDelete